This past weekend I headed up to Bentonville to see my wife, other family members, and friends. I headed out on Friday around 3:30 and arrived in Bentonville at 9. It was really nice to see my wife and Peanut our dog that night. I had been missing both of them and was excited to be able to spend the weekend with them. The dog was super excited to see me and went in to freak out mode like any normal puppy would. After the dog finally wore out we called it a night and it was heaven to be able to sleep in my own bed.
The dog woke up around 5am ready to play with a squeaky toy and boy was she excited. She finally relaxed and went back to sleep until 7:30, but that was the end of my sleep. I got up and hung out with the dog in the cool morning air it was so nice about 60 degrees and Peanut was loving it. I ended up going riding with Doug and Cindy at Slaughter Pen that morning. I rode a lap on the cross bike out there and that was a good experience for sure. Ended up getting a slow leak in the back tire so headed home before I had to change it. We had my parents over and Michelle's parents, brother Thomas, and her sister Denise over to watch the hogs game. What a game, but what a disappointment. We hung out with them until the game was over then took Peanut on a long walk down by Crystal bridges and back up to the house. Ended up being about 4 miles so that was a lot of fun.
Sunday we woke up and Michelle's eye looked like she had been stung by a bee so we skipped out on church for her to rest a little and put some ice on it. We ended up going over to my parents house for lunch and meet up with Mitch and Sarah there along with Michelle's family. We had hamburgers and sat out on the patio enjoying the cool 60 degree weather. After lunch we headed home and I had to pack up and head back to Dallas. I got back to Dallas that evening about 8:30. Did a lot of driving this weekend, but had a blast.
Monday I went to look at houses after work in Rockwall. I looked at a total of 5 houses and found 2 that I liked. There are a ton of houses here for sale, but not enough time to look. That took most of the evening and came back and relaxed and watched my freshly installed cable TV. I have been living in Dallas with no TV for the past month. Hasn't been to bad, but it is nice to have a little background noise when I am doing other things around the apartment.
Last night I rode my MTB out at the Rowlett Creek Preserve they have a total of 14 miles of trail out there I round it in roughly 1:12. This trail is really flat and lots of twisty turns. This was my 2nd time out there and I am starting to learn the trail a little more. This is a great trail for training for the Springhill race which is this Sunday. I am headed back out there tonight to get a couple hours in on the trails. May try to post some photos of my ride tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment