Fall Background

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Long Overdue Update

Since our last post we have done a lot of different things, Colorado, moving, starting new jobs, and what not. We have had a lot of fun over the past 3 weeks and are excited that our lives are starting to get back to normal. I think Peanut is excited to have a yard once again. One week more in that apartment and we may not have survived. I guess I will start at Thanksgiving and work my way up from there.

This Thanksgiving we went to CO again as we did last year. Unfortunately Mitch and Sarah didn't get to come, but we still got to give them a hard time about it while we where out there. We headed out on Saturday morning to stay the night with Doug, Cindy, and Carlie at Doug and Cindy's cabin. The drive was much better from Dallas to there then it is from AR to CO. We had amazing views as we made our way North in New Mexico. I found a little ski shop on the way there in Fairplay CO so we swung in to check it out. I had already decided I wasn't going to buy any skis unless they where a great deal and lucky for me I found some. I have been wanting some skies with a wider underfoot on them and finally found them I got a great deal and got to ski them everyday and they are awesome. Anyways we made it to Doug and Cindy around 6:30 and enjoyed some sweet potato chili with our friends. Tyler is currently working in Keystone this winter so he came out to the cabin that night to eat with us and go skiing the next morning. Everything was going as planed Sunday morning so we headed out to ski. Michelle and I where riding with Tyler over to Breckenridge a little early so we could get all of her ski stuff picked up. On the way down the mountain we ran in to a little problem.
With all of that being said everyone ended up being ok and Tyler is driving around with a beat up car. Michelle and I ended up going down to Silverthorne that day and shopping at all the local ski shops we had a blast hanging out while Doug, Cindy, Carlie, and Tyler hit the slopes of Keystone. Later that night we all got together and ate some great Mexican food. On Monday we could check in to our condo so we headed down to Breckenridge and skied all day while we waited on the rest of the family to get in town.


We had a blast skiing and it was great to get to ski with Michelle for an entire day. Later that night we Tyler came over and got to enjoy a glass of sweet tea something he hasn't had since he moved to Keystone for the ski season. I think it was long overdue because he ended up drinking 4 glasses that night. We had a lot of fun skiing over the next few days with family and friends. On Thanksgiving Doug, Cindy, Carlie, and Tyler came over to join the family for Thanksgiving dinner. Big Bob, Granan, Bert, Katherine, Lindi, Emma, my dad, my mom, Michelle, and I rounded out the bunch. We had a great meal and laughed way to hard. That night we had a little pool tournament and I am sorry to say that Doug and Cindy are the champs until next year. Michelle and I got to ski a total of 5 days 6 if you count sliding on the ice with Tyler on Sunday. We headed back to Texas on Saturday to pick up Peanut and sign on our new home on Tuesday.

We signed on our new home on the last Tuesday in November the moving van was scheduled to arrive on Wednesday the 1st of December, which is the day that Michelle had to start her new job. I was in charge of directing the movers on the location of all of the furniture and let me tell you it was an adventure. It ended up taking them 4.5 hours to unload during that time I had Peanut helping us out with everything in the back yard. The most important thing to get moved in and set up was the bed. I hadn't slept in our bed in over a month and I was dying to get a good nights sleep. We have been painting furniture in the garage and we are getting close to having everything unpacked it seems like it is taking forever.



We also went to Lowes this past weekend and got our Christmas tree we are excited to have a tree it makes it seem a little more like home. I also so a sweet Lambo parked in a handicap spot like Tyler said its like a Cat 3 mountain bike racer riding a superfly it just doesn't make since.

That's all I have time for so I will catch you up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment