My parents came up with me this weekend to Texas to help me look at homes. My mom and I looked at 17 homes on Friday and then we looked at our top 5 or so with my dad and the rest of the clan on Saturday. It was great having my family there and being able to show them around where we might live. My mom was so awesome that she gave Will and I two date nights while they were here. They went and stayed with her sister in Arlington to visit and told Will he had to take me out. So he did! We had our first date night probably since August last weekend. It was so nice to go out for dinner just the two of us and catch up. The first night Will took me to Koyto (its like shoguns) and it was sooo good! After that we went to a awesome yogurt place and walked around on the pier at the harbor. It was awesome! We had a great time. The next night we went to Luigi's and had some incredible Italian pizza! It was so good. We got a large pizza with drinks for $17 it was a steal of a deal! We had so much fun just hanging out and going over the homes we liked. It was so nice not to have to talk over the phone. We just were able to talk to each other face to face. We needed this time together badly. We hadn't really had the chance to go over all the changes, job possibilities, or how each other was doing with it all till now. My parents are so awesome!
This week Sarah, Elizabeth, and I have been able to hang out! Its been a ton of fun! I love my girl time! We went and walked miss peanut yesterday and then we went to Hobby Lobby to pick out some frames for our chalkboards! We are making some cute chalkboards to put in our kitchens. It actually seems pretty easy to make so we will see. We got all the stuff to make it yesterday and we plan on putting them together tonight! I will post pictures and how to make them when they are done! All I know is that all three of us girls together walking around Lowe's asking anyone if they knew where the sheet metal was, was probably pretty out of the ordinary. haha. Hopefully they turn out nice! Last night after we went to Hobby Lobby and Lowe's Mitch and Sarah made all of us some Sour Cream Pancakes, scrambled eggs, and turkey bacon. Oh it was delicious! If you have never had Sour Cream pancakes you must try them! They are hard to beat!
Today I am going to play in the Colgate Office Olympics at Memorial. We are playing kickball. I will admit I am a little nervous about making a fool out of myself but who cares when you get out of work at 12! Sweet! So will have to let you all know how that goes on my next post.
This Friday I am flying down to Texas to look at our favorite two homes again and hopefully make a offer on one. Pretty crazy that we are already getting to this point. I never thought we would. Picking out a home is also a lot harder than I thought it would be. Its hard to think about the next 4-5 years of your life that will be spent in that home. You have to answer a lot of questions...such as is there enough room for family to visit...is there enough room for when we have kids...is there enough kitchen space to handle more than two people...is it a big enough back yard for the dog...will we be happy in this house for the next several years...is it a safe area...is it a area we would want to raise kids in...and so many more questions. We have gotten to where we just might have to flip a coin to decide! :) I know God is in control and that he will lead us to the right house. He knows whats going on and which house is the best for us. I just have to keep reminding myself that I should worry because if we follow what God wants us to do we will be blessed no matter what. I will let you know next week what we end up deciding on next week! Have a great rest of the week!
You guys will do fine. I'm sure whatever you decide will work out. When you love each other as much as you do then the rest of the stuff just doesn't matter. I'm glad you are you going back down this Friday to work out the details. Safe travels!
ReplyDeleteWhat are you doing with Peanut this weekend?